At PFPFA PTE LTD (“PFPFA”), we take our responsibilities under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously and recognise the importance of proper management, protection and processing your personal data that you have entrusted to us.
If you have any queries on our PDPA Notice or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect and/or process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Tel : +65 6470 9393
Email : email@example.com
Notice of purposes
The personal data protection act
The Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data, consisting of the DP Obligations. The PDPA also provides for the establishment of a national Do Not Call (DNC) Registry and alongside the DNC Obligations.
The DNC Obligations and DP Obligations came into force on 2 January 2014 and 2 July 2014 respectively.
You may like to refer to the below useful links for more information;
DNC Registry website
PFPFA views data protection seriously and has taken measures to protect your personal data. When you apply for services from PFPFA, update us of your new particulars or attend our events and seminars, PFPFA may need to collect your personal data. You may be required to complete a relevant application, update or consent form which contains a section on Personal Data Consent (“Form”). This Personal Data Protection Notice contains the details of how PFPFA will process, collect, use and disclose your personal data. You should read this Notice carefully before providing any consent to PFPFA to process, collect, use and disclose your personal data.
Purposes for processing, collection, use and disclosure of personal data
To process, administer and/or manage your services with PFPFA, PFPFA will necessarily need to process, collect, use and/or disclose your personal data or personal information about you. Such personal data includes information set out in any Forms and any other personal information provided by you from time to time or possessed by PFPFA for the following purposes:
- Administering, servicing, or dealing with the services provided by PFPFA (including processing your applications for any financial products);
- Managing the financial products that you have purchased pursuant to the services provided by PFPFA;
- Processing or carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiry purporting to be given by you or on your behalf and dealing in any matters relating to the services which you are entitled to receive (including sending you information on and invitations to seminars and events organised by PFPFA, the mailing of correspondence or any other relevant document(s), to you, which could involve disclosure to certain personal data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages);
- Interacting with you, e.g. via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings and email;
- Forming part of PFPFA’s records as to the business carried on by PFPFA;
- Observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction (including any disclosure or notification requirements to which PFPFA is subject to);
- Complying with PFPFA and PFPFA’s related companies’ policies and procedures (including without limitation any reporting and disclosure policies and procedures);
- Carrying out due diligence, monitoring or other screening activities in accordance with PFPFA’s legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures;
- Carrying out, processing and analysis of satisfaction surveys regarding PFPFA’s services; and
- If consented by you, providing you with marketing/ promotional information on new and/or other financial products and services which in the opinion of PFPFA may be of interest or benefit to you, by way of telephone calls, SMS/MMS and facsimile to you to any telephone number provided by you to PFPFA from time to time.
(collectively, the “Purposes“)
PFPFA may also be collecting from sources other than yourself, personal data about you, for one or more of the above Purposes, and thereafter, using, disclosing and/or processing such personal data for one or more of the above Purposes.
The personal data provided by you to PFPFA may be disclosed by PFPFA to the following parties (whether such parties are located or resident within or outside Singapore) for one or more of the above Purposes:
- Financial institutions who may have a need for such personal data in order to provide the financial products that you have purchased pursuant to the services provided by PFPFA (including without limitation any brokers and lawyers);
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of PFPFA;
- PFPFA’s related companies (to comply with PFPFA and PFPFA’s related companies’ policies and procedures);
- PFPFA’s lawyers and auditors;
- Any third party vendors employed or engaged to provide administrative, computer or other services or facilities to PFPFA; and
- Any regulatory authority, government, dispute resolution or statutory body in Singapore and/ or other jurisdiction/s.
(collectively, the “Permitted Parties“)
Any such disclosure and transfer of personal data shall not be treated as a breach of any restriction upon the disclosure of personal data imposed on PFPFA by law or otherwise.
By providing your consent to PFPFA PTE LTD by signing on a Form, you hereby:
- Consent to PFPFA processing, collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for the Purposes as described above;
- Consent to PFPFA collecting personal data about you from sources other than yourself and processing, using and/or disclosing such personal data, for the Purposes as described above; and
- Consent to PFPFA disclosing your personal data to the Permitted Parties, for the Purposes as described above.
Request for access and/or correction of Personal Data
You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a request to access personal data, we will provide you with the relevant personal data 30 calendar days from such a request being made.
- For a request to correct personal data, we will :
2.1 correct your personal data as soon as practicable after the request has been made unless we have reasonable grounds not to do so; and
2.2 subject to paragraph , we will send the corrected personal data to every other organisation to which the personal data was disclosed by PFPFA within a year before the date the correction was made unless that other organisation does not need the corrected personal data for any legal or business purpose.
- Notwithstanding paragraph [2.2], we may, if you so consent, send the corrected personal data only to specific organisations to which the personal data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made.
- We will also be charging you a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access your personal data.
PFPFA may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice from time to time by posting an amended version of this Personal Data Protection Notice on our website, and you agree to be bound by such amended Personal Data Protection Notice.
If you have any queries on our Personal Data Protection Notice or how PFPFA processes, collects, uses and discloses your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Request to withdraw consent
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you withdraw your consent for your personal data to be used for marketing purposes, we will process your request for such withdrawal of consent, and will thereafter cease to use and/or disclose your personal data for marketing purposes within 21 calendar days of your request.